At some point or the other, you may have received emails indicating that you won a surprise gift or that you received some money as a bonus reward. If the rewards or prizes mentioned in emails seems too good to be true, it is probably because it is. Hackers and cyber criminals try and deceive emails users using spam messages in an attempt to steal their data for financial gain. While most email service providers, including AOL, have built-in spam filters that protect users from unwanted messages, there are times when certain email slip through the filters. This blog will show you how you can block email on AOL and protect your privacy. Although most spam emails are quite harmless, you should call the AOL Email Support Number and consult an expert to know more about what precautions you can take to reduce spam on your AOL account.
In order to block emails on your AOL account, you will need to know the exact email address or username of the account that needs to be blocked. Once you have the relevant information, you can refer to the instructions given below to edit the email settings and block any unwanted emails in AOL Mail.
- Step 1: Open your internet browser and go to the AOL Mail login page.
- Step 2: Type your AOL email address and password in the fields provided.
- Step 3: Go to the ‘Options’ section and access the settings for your account.
- Step 4: Open the Email Spam settings tab located at the top of the page.
- Step 5: Enter the username or email ID of the person you want to block.
- Step 6: Press the Plus icon (+) to add the contact to your spam list.
- Step 7: After you added all the email addresses, you can click ‘Save Settings’ and then log out of your AOL account.
Later on, if you want to make any changes to the spam list, you can go to the Spam settings tab and click the ‘X’ symbol to remove an email address or click the Plus icon to add a new email address. Apart from manually entering the email address or username in the spam filter, you can also mark individual messages as spam. When you click the ‘Spam’ option and mark an item as spam, AOL will automatically filter any future messages from that email address. If you find that you keep getting spam emails from unknown, you can call the AOL Customer Service Number and ask for additional assistance. Professional AOL email experts will give you a detailed guide on how to implement advanced technical solutions to secure your account and block most suspected spam messages. The helpline number is available 24 hours a day so that you can connect with an email technician whenever required.
More information steps about AOL gold download: Steps to Download, Install or Uninstall AOL Desktop Gold