Due to the availability of different email service providers in the market, AOL does not hold that dominant position anymore. People are switching to other email service providers, such as Gmail and Yahoo. If you are one of those thinking to close your AOL account and switch to some other service, Gmail will be a good alternative. When you go for forwarding your email data, it allows you to move your entire emails, contacts, and new emails for 30 days. For understanding the exact process of transferring your AOL email to the Gmail account, you can go through the steps mentioned below. Alternatively, one can get in touch with experts at the AOL helpline number and get additional assistance from them. The techies provide you with the most reliable solutions within a few minutes.
Steps to forward AOL mail to Gmail for 30 days
If you have decided to close your AOL account after changing the email in all of your contacts and business, this method is suitable for you. It will only help you forward messages for 30 days and is not the right choice for those who are planning to use AOL mail and Gmail as consolidates.
- Step 1: Sign in to your Gmail account
- Step 2: On the right side of the Gmail dashboard, tap on the ‘Gear icon.’
- Step 3: Go to ‘Settings’ and select ‘Accounts and Imports’ tab
- Step 4: There, you will find an option saying ‘Import mail and contacts.’ Click on that.
- Step 5: In the required space, provide AOL email address information and tick on checkboxes to import contacts, messages, and new emails for 30 days
- Step 6: Tap on ‘Start import.’
Steps to check AOL emails on Gmail
- Step 1: Enter your account credentials and log into the Gmail account
- Step 2: Tap on ‘Gear icon’ from the right side of the dashboard
- Step 3: Visit ‘Settings’ and go for ‘Accounts and Import’ tab
- Step 4: Select ‘ADD a POP3 Mail Account You Own.’
- Step 5: Enter the AOL account information
- Step 6: There, you need to check ‘Label Incoming Messages.’
- Step 7: If you want to store AOL emails on both Gmail and AOL, click on ‘Leave a Copy’ checkbox.’
- Step 8: Finally, click on ‘Add account.’
The steps provided above will definitely help you forward AOL mail to the Gmail account. In order to get any further assistance, it is always recommended to contact the professionals at the AOL email phone number and speak to them regarding the issue.