Email services have completely transformed the way we communicate in the 21st century. Ever since it was first introduced way back in 1971, email technology has made it much easier to connect with people regardless of time or distance. There are numerous internet service and telecommunications companies that offer users free web-based email so that they can connect with people from all over the world. AOL is one of the top email service providers in the world and has close to 24 million active users in different countries. This article is too short to give you all the details about AOL Mail but if you want additional information you can call the AOL Customer Care Number and speak to a trained customer service representative to clarify your doubts about the mail service. This article will give you an insight into how to create your very own AOL account.
Features of AOL Mail
Being of one of the most popular email service providers in the market, AOL Mail gives users a safe and a very user-friendly platform to communicate and reach out to people over the internet. AOL Mails is described as “email for originals”: because users have the freedom to customize their accounts as they like and stay in touch with all the people close to them. Below you will find brief descriptions about the different features available to AOL users:
- Speed and reliability are among the top qualities of AOL
- The email attachment limit on AOL is 25 MB
- AOL allows users to link other email accounts such as Gmail or Outlook
- Advanced spam and virus protection helps keep your AOL account safe
- The email unsend capability gives AOL users the change to avoid mistakes
- Users have a choice of different domains including @aol.com, @love.com
- Events and calendar features give you the ability to plan work efficiently
Steps to create your AOL account
To create your new AOL account you just need to provide some personal contact information and security details. Follow the instructions given below to sign up and create your AOL account:
- Step 1: Open your preferred web browser and visit the official AOL Mail homepage
- Step 2: You should be able to see the ‘Create Account’ option (Sometimes it is written as ‘Sign Up for a Free Account’). Click on the option and proceed.
- Step 3: A new page will open where you will have to fill your personal contact details. Enter your full name, birthday, phone number and gender (this is optional) in the given fields.
- Step 4: Enter the username you would like for your AOL email ID. When you click on the next field (which is the password) AOL will automatically check to see if that username is available. You will see a small green check mark if it is.
- Step 5: If the username is valid you can go ahead and create a password. If your preferred username is not available AOL will give you several options you can choose from.
- Step 6: Once you have decided on a username and AOL has validated it you can create a password for your account. AOL mandates that the password is at least 16 characters long and should include a combination of letters, numbers and symbols.
- Step 7: When the password is set you can set the security question from the drop-down menu. The security question makes it easier for you to recover your AOL password in the event of an error
Once your password is created you can close the browser, refresh the computer and login into your new AOL account to begin using the email service. If you have any trouble while creating your account or if you would like any other technical assistance you can AOL Customer Support Number and speak to an expert.